Monday, December 6, 2010

Rain rain go away

well at least for a little time...until the tank needs filling again and we need water :)
The kids are going stir crazy, they are used to having a giant undercover patio to play under whatever the weather but here there is a tiny space in the grage under the house that I have drapped with wet washing.
Yesterday we spent the day watching DVD's -in the morning they watched them downstairs as I wanted to keep and eye on them and I was sewing ( 1 of the chrissy present boys nightshirts finished 4 more to go and then on to the girls ones) and in the afternoon it was upstairs to have lunch.  Mmmmm cheese popples

I use a quick rise dough with some fresh/dried herbs and break it into little walnut sized balls.  Place them barely touching on the tray, drizzle with oil and top with grated cheese.  Bake and enjoy.  mm mm mmmmm

After lunch we put up the christmas tree.  Poor thing its getting old, as I said to P "I've had it longer than I've had you" and most of my treasured decorations, that were bought pre-children, are no longer with us but it was decorated with love.  And that is all that matters :)

I have to get cracking on the teachers presents I have decided to do the gekko bookmarks.  They are quick, easy and use little yarn but they are super, super cute.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

mmmm, I was going to ask you about your recipe for these, we loved them at our last visit :)