Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Went to the fruit and vegetable shop and got a few bargins from the cheap table.  A box of bananas for $3.50 and 2 boxes of assorted veg mainly tomatoes for $2.50 each.  Wonderful!  I ended up making 3 1/2 jars of tomato sauce, roasted the capsicums and pickled the cucumbers.  I only went in there to get lettuce for dinner but ended up changing dinner plans as MrM and MsR requested mushrooms "but you never get mushrooms and I loooooooove them" so dinner of salad and roast potoatoes became mushroom/chicken pizza for the kids and capscicum and chilli for DH and I.  Mmmm I love homemade pizza and we have it quite a bit here.
The house smelt so richly of the simmering tomato sauce.  I froze it as it is a very rare treat as we eat mainly FAILSAFE .  Same for the bananas, will make them into banana cakes and freeze them and dole them out occassionally and the pickles. 
So back to the original plan of salad and roast potatoes for dinner tomorrow.  Big leafy green salad and teeny tiny crunchy garlic roasted potatoes.  Can hardly wait.......

No comments: