Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bean wraps

Oh wow these were so yummy and so easy.  I will  make a few changes next time-make MORE.  The are failsafe and vegetarian.

Bean Filling
1 pkt of dried kidney beans, soaked and cooked or you could use 4 cans drained and rinsed.
cooked bean stock or use a little water/chicken stock if using canned
1 big bunch of shallots
lots of garlic
salt
Fry off onions and garlic, add beans, liquid and salt.  Simmer for 1/2hr and then roughly mash with a potato masher
There done.

To serve spread on wrap (I make ours-see in the recipe section under bread they are easy and yummy as)  and top with salad of choice and a bit of sour cream.  DH and I added tobasco mmmmmm but it decidedly a winner of a meal.  I made 16 wraps and they all went.  MsR ate a whole one!salad and all!!!!  MrJ had 3 and was looking at the others pleadingly.  DH and I had 2 each and we said that we *could* have eaten another but that would have just been eating for taste as we were both full, heavens knows how the middle 3 ate 2 a peiece??????  The wraps are quite filling as they are 1/2 and 1/2 wholemeal. 
Don't know what we are having tonight but we are having roast pork on Sunday I even bought extra crackling.  I know that its not failsafe but we haven't had roast pork since forever... and I will keep the diet simple before and after and only serve f/s veg so the outcomes are not that dire.

1 comment:

bonnie said...

Sounds delicious and yes looks easy enough...will have to have a go! Hugs to you all xoxox